Thursday, February 5, 2009

the cavernous sounds of words


Whenever I hear from my buddy Fidel, it's always a beautiful day no matter if it's below zero out there. I don't want to embarrass him by quoting his message, but anyway, he says a friend of ours gave a talk on poetry and science in his science and society class and read Zero Gravity, although Fidel wished he had read it himself, as he loves "the cavernous sounds of words" etc. Fidel speaks poetry so effortlessly. He says he's planning an STS (Science, Technology and Society) reader and wants to include an excerpt from the talk and the poem. Thanks, Fidel. I would love to hear you read my work someday. I bet you'd make it sound like the music of the spheres. And being included in a reader on science, technology and society is so awesome. It's awesome to know there's always somebody who gets it.

No comments:

Post a Comment